King’s Lynn Festival will take place from 18-31 July 2021 and feature classical recitals and concerts, jazz, talks, walks and a 70th anniversary exhibition, celebrating the rich history of the past seven decades of the King’s Lynn Festival. Tickets on sale to the public from Monday 14 June. Priority booking for Patrons opens on Tuesday 1 June and for Friends on Monday 7 June. For details of how to book and our refund policy please click here.
Sunday 25 July 2021
Bill and Lesley Watson
Klughardt Wind Quintet, Op. 79
Mozart (arr. Weigelt) Adagio in B flat major K411
Danzi Wind Quintet, Op 56, No 1
Arnold Three Shanties
Great music is best shared with friends, and the chemistry between the musicians in the Magnard Ensemble is rooted in their friendship. Join them as they share some of their favourite pieces for wind quintet, in a charming programme centred around an arrangement of Mozart’s Adagio on B flat major. Humour and delight are abound elsewhere in the programme, which opens with Zemlinsky’s sprightly Humoreske and Klughardt’s colourful Wind Quintet. The concert closes with Arnold’s Three Shanties, a whimsical arrangements of popular sea shanties with a playful homage to ‘The Drunken Sailor’ in the opening movement.
Audiences are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in the theatre’s lovely grounds after the hour-long concert. A bar with tea and coffee will also be available.
Westacre Theatre 2021
River Road, West Acre, PE32 1UD
- Rural location approximately 12 miles from King's Lynn
- Please use the theatre car park
- Latecomers will be admitted at the discretion of the Duty Manager
- Seating will be provided on a grassed area but is not under cover
- Toilet facilities for the disabled
- Access to the Theatre building will be limited to toilet facilities only
- Social distancing will be maintained and hand sanitisers will be available at entrances to the building
Please note that this in an outdoor event.
« Go back to What's On page